Important capital facilities are taken over by the military. Preliminary information indicates that a specific presidential guard commander is the coup’s mastermind.
Congo shares a border with the Central African Republic, which has a significant Russian presence.
79-year-old Congolese politician and former military soldier Denis Sassou Nguesso. Since 1997, he has presided over the Republic of the Congo. He previously held the office from 1979 to 1992.
He served as the leader of the Congolese Party of Labour for 12 years during his first term in office.
After being granted permission to reset his term limits by a vote on a new Constitution, President Denis Sassou N’Guesso was re-elected in 2016 for a five-year term.
He held the office from 1979 to 1991, but he regained it after the Civil War and has held it since 1997. The Parti Congolais du Travail (PCT), his party, controls the Parliament.
Tap To Join Our WhatsApp Community
While The President Is Gone In The USA, There Has Been A Military Coup In The Congo (Details)
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks