“I am primarily focused on ensuring justice is served in this case, just as I am in every other case. It is important to me that I consider both the defendant’s right to proper preparation and the overall interest of justice,” stated D.C. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, who was appointed by President Obama. This statement was made by the judge as she scheduled the date, according to The Guardian.
HELP US CONTINUE TO BRING YOU THE BEST NEWS, OPINIONS
In March 2024, the ex-president will face a challenging month ahead. On March 24, he is scheduled to go on trial in New York State for charges linked to the supposed falsification of business records.
The special counsel, Jack Smith, has another federal case against Trump. This case is about the former president’s alleged mishandling of classified records. The trial is scheduled for May 20, 2024.
Trump has entered a plea of not guilty for all charges that have arisen from Smith’s investigations.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM WAYNEDUPREE.COM
The federal 2020 election case is different from the proceedings in Fulton County, Georgia. It involves Trump’s alleged attempts to work together with 18 other co-defendants to overturn the results of the 2020 election. The court hearing for all 19 individuals accused in that case is scheduled for September 4, 2023.
Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis requested that the state trial commence on October 23rd. However, Trump’s legal team submitted a motion objecting to the proposed date.
Trump Trial: Showdown Set for March 4, 2024, Over Alleged Election Interference |
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks