If you’re considering working in Canada, finding a reputable company is crucial.
The Globe and Mail Best Workplaces in Canada Report provides valuable insights into some of the most trusted brands and companies in the country.
Work in Canada for Foreigners: Top Companies Hiring in 2023
This report is based on feedback from over 500,000 Canadian employees, with the latest edition showing that 87% of employees love working for these companies.
Top Sectors to Work in Canada in 2023
Canada has a high demand for skilled foreign workers across various industries. In recent years, the following sectors have experienced a significant increase in demand for foreign talent:
Many of the top companies to work for are located in provinces known for their employment opportunities, such as Toronto, Nova Scotia, and British Columbia. However, there are opportunities for foreigners in other provinces as well.
Top Companies in Canada in 2023
Here are the top 10 companies in Canada with over 1,000 employees, according to the Globe and Mail Best Workplaces in Canada 2022 report:
- NVidia – Information Technology
- SAP Canada – Information Technology/Software
- Salesforce – Information Technology/Software
- Admiral Insurance – Financial Services & Auto Insurance
- Cisco Systems Canada Co. – Information Technology/Software
- Intuit Canada – Information Technology/Software
- Hilton – Hospitality/Hotel/Resort
- FedEx Express Canada – Transportation/Package Transport
- RBC – Financial Services & Insurance/Banking/Credit Services
- Traction on Demand – Information Technology/IT Consulting
How to Apply to Work In Canada
To work in Canada, follow these steps:
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility
Determine if you qualify for Canadian permanent residency (PR) or a work visa. Consider these top programs:
- Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- PNP Tech Pilots
- Atlantic Immigration Program
- Home Support & Child Caregiver Programs
Step 2: Apply For a Work Visa
As a foreign national, you must apply for a Canadian work permit, which is issued by the government. There are two types of work permits: Open Work permit and Employer-specific work permit.
- Open Work Permit: Allows employment with any employer, with some exceptions.
- Employer-specific Work Permit: Allows working for one specific employer in one location for a set period.
Before applying for an employer-specific work permit, your employer must provide the necessary documents.
Step 3: Gather Your Supporting Documents
Collect the required documents to support your application, whether it’s for permanent residency or a work visa. Submit them as instructed.
Step 4: Submit Your Online Application
It is recommended to apply online for efficiency and speed. Ensure your application is complete to avoid return or delays.
Benefits of Working in Canada
Working in Canada offers several benefits, including:
- Paid Leave: Canadians enjoy a favorable work-life balance with a minimum of 14 days off per year. Expecting parents can have up to 40 weeks of paid leave.
- Employment Opportunities: Canada provides ample job opportunities, with a low unemployment rate and continuous job growth.
- Great Salaries: The average salary in Canada is around $59,059 annually, with various high-earning professions such as pharmacists, software engineers, lawyers, project engineers, and doctors.
Top Companies Hiring Workers In Canada Now, Apply May 2023
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |