Suits just scored a victory as the most viewed acquired title in U.S. streaming history.
The legal drama arrived on Netflix last month. Since then, viewers have been hooked.
Some people likely wanted a glimpse of Meghan Markle’s acting chops. Whatever the reason, Nielsen figures show the series reached 3 billion viewing minutes between its two streaming platforms — Netflix and Peacock — for the week of June 26 to July 2.
Sci-fi series Manifest held the previous record with 650 million minutes viewed, according to TV Line.
Related Story: ‘Queen Charlotte’ Conquers Netflix Streaming Chart
Suits co-starred Gabriel Macht (“Harvey Specter”), Gina Torres (“Jessica Pearson”), Patrick J. Adams (“Mike Ross”), Rick Hoffman (“Louis Litt”), Sarah Rafferty (“Donna Paulsen”). Markle played “Rachel Zane.”
The show centered on brilliant college dropout Mike Ross (Adams), who was on the run from a drug deal gone bad when he stumbled into a job at a law firm alongside some of New York City’s best lawyers.
Dulé Hill, Wendell Pierce, Katherine Heigl, and Amanda Schull joined the cast in later seasons.
The drama ran from June 2011 to September 2019 on USA Network.
Gina Torres announced she was leaving in 2016 after season 6. She later starred on the spinoff series Pearson. Markle left the show after season 7, following her engagement announcement to Prince Harry in November 2017. Adams, who played her love interest, also left the show after season 7.
From Universal Content Productions, Suits was created and executive produced by Aaron Korsh. Over its nine-season run, the show received multiple award nominations and won a best supporting actress award for Torres from the Imagen Foundation.
Season 1-9 are currently streaming on Peacock. Seasons 1-8 are available on Netflix. Per Nielsen, the series is bringing in younger viewers in streaming than it did during its original run.
Nielsen’s streaming ratings only measure U.S. audiences. The top streaming titles for June 26-July 2 are below:
1. Suits (Netflix/Peacock), 3.14 billion minutes viewed
2. The Witcher (Netflix), 1.31 billion
3. The Bear (Hulu), 1.01 billion
4. SWAT (Hulu/Netflix/Paramount+), 891 million
5. Black Mirror (Netflix), 853 million
6. Bluey (Disney+), 803 million
7. Jack Ryan (Prime Video), 778 million
8. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 734 million
9. The Big Bang Theory (Max), 602 million
10. NCIS (Netflix/Paramount+), 579 million
‘Suits’ Shatters Viewing Record Four Years After Finale
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video