Simon Le Bon is a singer, musician, lyricist, and songwriter from England who is best known for being the lead vocalist and lyricist of the new wave band “Duran Duran” (1980-Present) and its offshoot “Arcadia” (1986). He has received three Ivor Novello Awards from the British Academy of Songwriters, Composers, and Authors, including the award for Outstanding Contribution to British Music. He married Yasmin Le Bon and they have three daughters namely Amber, Saffron, and Tallulah.
Simon initially was in a screen test for a Persil washing powder advertisement on TV. After that, he founded the band “Duran Duran” and came to huge fame with the hit singles and albums such as “Girls on Film” (1981), “Rio” (1982), “Save a Prayer” (1982), “Hungry Like the Wolf” (1982), “Is There Something I Should Know?” (1983), “The Reflex” (1984), “Ordinary World” (1992), and more. During his youth time, he was in his church’s choir.
When was Simon Le Bon born?
Simon Le Bon was born on October 27, 1958, in Bushey, Hertfordshire, England with the birth name of Simon John Charles Le Bon. His last name Le Bon is French and means ‘The Good’ in English. He took birth on his father’s birthday, in Bushey Maternity Hospital. He is the son of his mother, Ann-Marie Le Bon, and his father, John Le Bon. He was born the first of three boys. Thus, his younger brothers are David and Jonathan Le Bon. At age six, his mother encouraged his artistic talent by entering him in a screen test for a Persil washing powder TV advert, which proved successful. The Singer holds British as per his nationality and belongs to Mixed ethnicity as he has English, Irish, and French ancestry. His present age is 64 celebrated his birthday on 27th October 2022. He was a member of the local church choir from a young age and was trained as an actor.
Simon Le Bon completed his schooling level from Pinner County Grammar School and Nower Hill High School. In 1978, he completed an art foundation course at Harrow School of Art. After that, he went to attend drama at the University of Birmingham.
How did Simon Le Bon get into a music career?
- Simon Le Bon first started working as a theatre porter at Northwick Park Hospital Accident and Casualty & during this time, he also sang in a punk band called “Dog Days” at Harrow School of Art.
- Simon then went on to appear in the TV advertisement along in several theatre productions including Tom Brown’s School Days in the West End of London.
- In 1978, Simon along with his childhood friends John Taylor, Nick Rhodes, and singer-songwriter Stephen Duffy founded the band “Duran Duran”. After a year, Stephen Duffy left the band.
- The band’s debut studio album, “Duran Duran”, was released in 1981 which was followed by Rio (1982), Seven and the Ragged Tiger (1983), and the live album Arena (1984). The band then recorded and released further albums – Notorious in 1986 and Big Thing in 1988. The group added guitarist Warren Cuccurullo and drummer Sterling Campbell and recorded the studio album “Liberty” (1990).
- Before this, Le Bon formed the band “Arcadia” with Nick Rhodes in 1986. The band had a UK/US top 10 hit with their first single “Election Day”, and released one studio album, “So Red the Rose” in 1985.
- The band’s seventh album “The Wedding Album” gained popularity with the top-10 single “Ordinary World”. Later, Le Bon suffered a torn vocal cord, and the tour was postponed for six weeks while he recovered.
- In 1995, Duran Duran released the cover album “Thank You”. After John Taylor left the band in 1997, Le Bon and Rhodes remained as the only two members. Next, the band (Duran Duran with Le Bon, Rhodes, and Cuccurullo) released two studio albums “Medazzaland” (1997) and “Pop Trash” (2000).
- In the year 2001, the band’s original five members reunited to record a new studio album, “Astronaut”, for Epic Records. The album was released worldwide on 11 October 2004 preceded by the single “(Reach Up for The) Sunrise”, their first UK Top 10 single in a decade.
- Le Bon contributed a song entitled “Grey Lady of the Sea” in 1985 or the Whitbread Round the World Race. He also narrated a video of that year’s race called “Drum” (1987).
- He contributed “Follow in My Footsteps” for Jonathan Elias’ Requiem for the Americas project in 1989.
- He set up SYN Entertainment (Simon Yasmin Nick) in Tokyo, Japan in 1998. In 2000, SYN Entertainment founded SYN Records which has released a number of compilations. His solo track, “Dreamboy”, was featured on the SYN-released soundtrack to the Mario Van Peebles comedy film “Love Kills” (1998).
- In October 2005, Dutch trance DJ Ferry Corsten released the track “Fire”, with vocals by Simon Le Bon. Later, he became a member of Shinzou Sound and took part in the Japan-based online manga project, Synesthesia in 2006.
- Likewise, he collaborated on the song “Record Collection”, the title track from Mark Ronson’s third studio album in 2010.
- Since 2020, Le Bon has been hosting the music show “WHOOOSH!” with Katy Krassner. The duo plays eight songs per week and discusses them.
How much is Simon Le Bon’s net worth?
Simon Le Bon is a pop singer who gained huge fame being the lead vocalist and lyricist of the band Duran Duran. With the band, he has released several songs and albums such as Duran Duran (1981), Rio (1982), Seven and the Ragged Tiger (1983), Notorious (1986), Big Thing (1988), Red Carpet Massacre (2007), All You Need Is Now (2010), Paper Gods (2015), Future Past (2021) and more. Likewise, he has also formed the band Arcadia with Nick Rhodes. Moreover, he is also the founder and chairman of SYN Entertainment. Simon is one of the highest-paid singers in the world. His main source of wealth comes from the music industry. He is making his annual salary above $30 million at the time of writing.
Simon Le Bon has accumulated a net worth of $65 million as of 2023. All thanks to his talent as a musician. Apart from his income from his music career, he has also endorsed products such as Air Ambulance Service & The Blue Marine Foundation (BLUE). He is living a lavish lifestyle as of now and he has been spotted driving his Mini Cooper Sport 1.3i in blue color. He used to own two other cars including the 1989 Aston Martin V8 Zagato Volante and an Aston Martin DB7.
Who is Simon Le Bon married to?
Simon Le Bon is currently married to Yasmin Parvaneh who is an English model. Simon came to know about Yasmin for the first time after he saw her face in a magazine. After that, he phoned her modeling agency to track her down. On 27th December 1985, Simon and Yasmin married. Simon, today, is living a happy life and there is no sign of divorce between them. Previously, Simon was engaged to his longtime girlfriend, model-turned-actress, Claire Stansfield in the early 1980s.
Simon Le Bon is a father of three children with his spouse, Yasmin Parvaneh. Their daughters are Amber Rose Tamara Le Bon (born 25 August 1989), Tallulah Pine Le Bon (born 10 October 1994), and Saffron Sahara Le Bon (born 25 September 1991). Before the birth of their kids, Yasmin faced two miscarriages. In 2018, Simon and Yasmin became grandfather and grandmother for the first time.
How tall is Simon Le Bon?
Simon Le Bon is a cool man with an amazing god-gifted vocal sound which has attracted a lot of people’s attention to him. Simon has dark Brown hair color with a pair of blue eyes. His face type is square. Le Bon injured his vocal cords and was unable to finish his 2011 summer tour. He remarked, “I am trying to be philosophical.
Simon Le Bon has an average body type with a standing height of 6 ft 1¾ in or 187.5 cm. He has a body weight which consists of 84 kg or 185 lbs. He has got a healthy body right now and he maintains his body a lot.
Simon Le Bon – Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Family, Age, Facts, Career, Band
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |