The police have identified the individual who shot two people, resulting in one fatality, at a Romeoville entertainment center on Friday night.
Responding to a shooting report, Romeoville police officers arrived at Scene75 Entertainment on 460 S. Weber Rd. at approximately 9 p.m.
After a verbal dispute, it is reported that a suspect discharged a firearm, resulting in the shooting.
A 19-year-old man from Chicago was shot and subsequently taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Additionally, a 16-year-old from Chicago was also shot but is in stable condition after being transported to an area hospital.
At approximately 10:08 p.m., the Illinois State Police located the vehicle believed to be involved in the shooting and conducted a traffic stop on Interstate 80 eastbound near Lansing, specifically at Torrence Avenue.
Upon conducting a traffic stop, the Illinois State Police successfully detained both the driver and passenger of the vehicle. However, it was determined that the shooting suspect was not present inside the vehicle during the stop.
The police have identified the alleged gunman, who is believed to be from Chicago, although their whereabouts are currently unknown.
Authorities consider this incident to be isolated in nature. If anyone witnessed the incident or possesses any information relevant to the case, they are urged to contact the Romeoville Police Department Investigations Unit at 815-886-7219.
Romeoville Scene75 Entertainment shooting: Suspect identified but not located, police say
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks