Rob McElhenney is an American actor who is famous for his role as Ronald “Mac” McDonald on the FX/FXX comedy series It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005–present). He is also known for playing Ian Grimm on the Apple TV+ comedy series “Mythic Quest” (2020–present). Rob is the wife of actress, Kaitlin Olson.
Besides his profession as an actor, Rob is also a producer, writer, and podcaster who became the co-owner of the Welsh association football club Wrexham A.F.C. with Ryan Reynold in September 2020. He made his first major acting role with a small part in the 1997 film “The Devil’s Own” later followed by “A Civil Action”, “Wonder Boys”, and “Thirteen Conversations About One Thing”.
Who are Rob McElhenney’s parents?
Rob McElhenney was brought into this world by his parents, Robert McElhenney and Helena McElhenney on 14 April 1977, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. When he was eight years old, his parents divorced after his mother came out as a lesbian. He and his two younger brothers were primarily raised by their father, though their parents remained close after the divorce. His two brothers are gay, and he describes himself as having “always been part of the gay community”. Following his father’s remarriage, he has a half-sister and step-sister. By nationality, the actor is American while he belongs to a Mixed ethnical race as both of McElhinney’s parents were of Irish descent. He is a cousin of Olympic rower Marcus McElhenney. Rob is 45 years old as he celebrated his recent birthday on April 14, 2022.
For his education, Rob attended Saint Joseph Preparatory School and then went to attend Temple University. He temporarily lived on the Fordham University campus with friends, but he did not enroll.
Rob McElhenney Acting Career
- Rob McElhenney made his movie debut in the 1997 film “The Devil’s Own” which was followed by his small roles in the films – “A Civil Action”, “Wonder Boys”, and “Thirteen Conversations About One Thing”. Next, he made substantial parts in the films “Latter Days” and “The Tollbooth”. He also had a guest role in the “Law & Order” episode “Thrill”.
- Later, he signed with FX for the start of the sitcom “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” He was contracted as its showrunner, while both Howerton and Day were listed as executive producers. He has said that 50 weeks per year are taken up by acting, producing, and writing for “It’s Always Sunny”.
- He appeared in a guest role as a police officer in the acclaimed “Fargo” episode “The Law of Non-Contradiction” in 2017. In the year 2019, he had a cameo appearance as an extra in the Game of Thrones episode “Winterfell”. He co-created the Apple TV+ comedy series “Mythic Quest” in 2020.
Who is Rob McElhenney’s wife?
Married man, Rob McElhenney tied the knot with his beautiful wife, Kaitlin Olson after dating for two years. On September 27, 2008, they got married in California, USA. His spouse, Kaitlin is an actress, comedian, and producer. In 2006, he started dating Kaitlin Olson after he hired her to play the role of Dee Reynolds in “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” To Rob, she was the funniest woman in show business and he became romantically interested in Olson “around season 2” of the series. At present, their love bond is going strong with the passage of time. Previously, Rob was romantically involved with actor Jordan Reid between 2003 and 2005.
Everything To Know About Kaitlin Olson
Rob McElhenney and his spouse, Kaitlin Olson are blessed with two kids. Their children are namely Axel Lee McElhenney (b. September 1, 2010) and Leo Grey McElhenney (b. April 5, 2012).
How much is Rob McElhenney?
Rob McElhenney is an actor, producer, writer, and podcaster who is globally known for his role as Ronald “Mac” McDonald on the FX/FXX comedy series “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” (2005–present). He has also acted in a number of other film and television projects. On September 23, 2020, it was announced by the Wrexham Supporters Trust that a business partner had been formed by McElhenney and Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds and that they were in talks to purchase the Welsh football team Wrexham AFC. On June 7, 2022, he announced the launch of a new entertainment-tech company named Adim, co-founded by himself, Chase Rosenblatt, Melissa Kaspers, Spencer Marell, and Richard Rosenblatt.
Rob McElhenney’s net worth is estimated to have $50 million at the time of writing. He owns a large number of possessions, including real estate properties. He lives in a beautiful home in Philadelphia. His luxury vehicles are Rolls-Royces, Mercedes-Benzes, Mitsubishi Lancers, Ford Mustangs, and others. He is living a lavish lifestyle at a moment.
How tall is Rob McElhenney?
Rob McElhenney is a handsome hunk whose attractive personality and acting skills in the movies and television role has impressed millions of audiences towards him. His hair color is salt and pepper and he has a pair of hazel eyes.
Rob McElhenney stands at a tall height of 5 ft 9½ in or 176.5 cm and he has a body weight of 74 kg or 163 lbs. Rob has got an average body type with a nice attitude. He has also inked tattoos on his arms.
Rob McElhenney – Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Parents, Height, Career
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |