IMPD crews were called to the 500 block of S. Capitol Avenue, which is the location of Lucas Oil Stadium, around 9:45 p.m. following reports of a person being shot.
Upon arrival, the officers discovered a victim with a gunshot wound outside the stadium near Missouri and South.
The victim’s condition was initially unknown, but later it was confirmed that the victim had died.
An IMPD officer on the scene indicated that a potential suspect for the shooting is likely inside the Convention Center.
Consequently, the Convention Center was locked down, and employees were instructed to shelter in place, as stated in a tweet from IMPD at around 10:20 p.m.
At approximately 10:40 p.m., IMPD tweeted that all roads surrounding Lucas Oil Stadium are currently inaccessible due to an ongoing investigation.
This includes South, Capital, Missouri, and Maryland streets, and the police expect that these roads will be closed for the next few hours as the investigation proceeds.
The shooting incident happened after the Indiana Pacers’ game versus the Philadelphia 76ers at Banker’s Life Fieldhouse, which was a few blocks away from the shooting location.
As this is a developing story, further updates may follow.
Person shot and killed near Lucas Oil Stadium
- League Standings Of Ghana In The AFCON Qualifiers
- We Are Still Facing A Crisis At The Border – Steve Bannon’s War Room: Pandemic
- CDC Warns Of Artificial Tears Eye Drops; Dangerous Side Effects Including Death |
- Trump Posts Photo Of Him Holding A Baseball Bat Next To Pic Of Bragg
- Ghost’ Season 3 Premiere Sets Starz Viewership Record