Pedro Pascal is voicing his support as an ally to the LGBTQ community.
The 47-year-old The Last Of Us actor, who has a sister named Lux who came out as trans in 2021, shared photos of the Pride Flag on Sunday (March 5).
“The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind. #LGBTQIA,” he wrote on his Instagram.
Keep reading to find out more…
The line is a lyric from Bob Dylan‘s “Blowin’ In The Wind,” an anthem of the civil rights movement in the ’60s.
Other lyrics of the song include poignant lines like “How many years can some people exist before they’re allowed to be free? / Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn’t see?”
The gesture of support comes amid an unprecedented surge of “more than 175 anti-LGBTQ bills in 32 states this year, including 23 that target children in schools and school sports,” via HRC.
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee has just signed a bill banning drag shows in public spaces as well, sparking national outcry, as other states across the country are proposing similar legislation, via NPR.
Meanwhile, House Bill 470, which would ban gender-affirming care in Kentucky for anyone under the age of 18, passed in the state’s House on a 75-22 vote, and is heading to the Senate, via NBC Lexington affiliate LEX18.
Find out which trans woman just made music history at the Grammys.
Post source: Justjared
Pedro Pascal Shares Support for the LGBTQ Community Amid Anti-Trans Legislation & Drag Show Bans
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks