Park Seo-joon is a popular South Korean actor. He is best known for his lead roles in several hit television series, including “Kill Me, Heal Me” (2015), “She Was Pretty” (2015), “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth” (2016–2017), “Fight for My Way” (2017), “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” (2018), and “Itaewon Class (2020)”.
Park Seo-joon has also gained recognition for his impressive performances in movies such as “The Chronicles of Evil” (2015), “Midnight Runners” (2017), and “The Divine Fury” (2019). From 2008 to 2010, he served his mandatory military service. In the 2011 movie “Perfect Game”, he debuted on the big screen by portraying the character Chil-goo. He also had a cameo appearance as Min-hyuk in the 2019 Academy Award winner black comedy thriller film, Parasite.
Where was Park Seo-joon born?
Park Seo-joon, whose birth name is Park Yong-kyu, took birth on December 16, 1988. He was born in the bustling city of Seoul, South Korea. The identity of Park Seo-joon’s parents remains undisclosed. He has two younger brothers. According to his birthdate on December 16, Park Seo-joon is presently 34 years old as of 2022. His nationality is South Korean while he belongs to the South Korean-Asian ethnicity.
For his education, Park Seo-joon attended the Seoul Institute of the Arts. At the age of 20, he began his mandatory military service and served his country for two years before being discharged in 2010. Although military service interrupted his early career aspirations, his determination and talent helped him rise to the top of the entertainment industry. He started his career as a model before transitioning to acting.
Park Seo-joon’s Acting Career
- In the year 2011, Park Seo-joon made his debut in the entertainment industry by featuring in the music video for Bang Yong-guk’s song “I Remember.” He initially took on supporting roles in various TV dramas such as “Dream High 2” (2012), “Pots of Gold” (2013), and “One Warm Word” (2013), before receiving his first leading role in “A Witch’s Love” (2014).
- In addition to this, he also served as the host of “Music Bank” from October 2013 to April 2015. In the year 2015, he had his breakthrough with the TV dramas “Kill Me, Heal Me” and “She Was Pretty”. He also appeared in the thriller film “The Chronicles of Evil” that year.
- After that, he starred in the youth historical drama “Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth” in 2016. He also found success in the 2017 romance comedy-drama “Fight for My Way”. The same year, he played his first leading role in the action-comedy “Midnight Runners” and won Best New Actor awards for it.
- In 2018, he starred in the hit romantic comedy drama “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” and received positive reviews for his performance. After a year, he starred in the action horror film “The Divine Fury” and made a guest appearance in “Parasite”. In 2020, he starred in the successful drama “Itaewon Class” and was nominated for Best Actor – Television at the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- Park has several upcoming roles. He is slated to play a soccer player-turned-coach named Yoon Hong-Dae in the sports film “Dream”, directed by Lee Byeong-Heon, and in the disaster-thriller film “Concrete Utopia”, directed by Um Tae-hwa. In addition, he will appear as Prince Yan in the MCU film “The Marvels“, set to be released in 2023.
Park Seo-joon Awards and Achievements
- Won APAN Star Awards for his role in “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” in 2018
- Won Asia Artist Awards for his work in “Fight for My Way” in 2017 for three times
- Won Asian Film Awards in 2019
- Won Blue Dragon Film Awards for his role in “The Chronicles of Evil” in 2015
- Won Brand Customer Loyalty Awards in 2020
- Won Cosmo Beauty Awards in 2018
- Won KBS WORLD Global Fan Awards and KOFRA Film Awards in 2018
- Won Fashionista Awards for his role in She Was Pretty in 2015
- Won MBC Drama Awards for his work in “Kill Me, Heal Me”, and “She Was Pretty” in 2015
- Won SBS Drama Awards for his work in “One Warm Word” in 2014
- Won Seoul International Drama Awards for his work in “Fight for My Way” in 2018
Is Park Seo-joon Dating Someone?
Park Seo-joon is unmarried and he does not have a wife. He might be single at the moment. Currently, it’s unclear whether Park Seo-joon is in a relationship as he hasn’t disclosed any information about having a girlfriend or affair. He has not made any public statement about his romantic life. In the past, Park Seo-joon has been linked with two fellow actors. In 2015, he was rumored to be dating Choi Woo-shik, although neither of them confirmed or denied the rumors. Similarly, in 2017, he was also surrounded by speculation that he was in a romantic relationship with Kim Ji-won. Again, there was no official statement from either party regarding the rumors. So it is possible that he is currently single and focused on his career.
As far as is known, the actor, Park Seo-joon has not fathered any children. He does not have any biological offspring that are publicly known. It is not publicly known if he plans to start a family in the future, but as of now, there is no indication that he has any children of his own.
How much is Park Seo-joon’s net worth?
Park Seo-joon is a famed actor who has earned his place as one of South Korea’s wealthiest stars due to his successful career in the entertainment industry. He has starred in several noteworthy projects, such as Parasite and Itaewon Class. Apart from his acting career, he is also known for his extravagant lifestyle, particularly his luxurious property investments. His properties have attracted media attention, such as a building he purchased in Gangnam’s Sinsa-dong district for almost US$10 million (S$13.4 million). Additionally, he recently acquired a 3,000 sq ft residence in the Cheongdam-dong district for 5.8 billion South Korean won (S$6.6 million). The residence overlooks the Han River and is adorned with premium international brands. It includes a private golf course, home cinema, courtyard pool, and a spacious interior with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a generously sized living room.
Park Seo-joon has earned a reputation as one of the wealthiest actors in South Korea, with a net worth of $20 million as of 2023. Most of his earnings come from his acting career, including Korean dramas, films, and cameo appearances. He reportedly earned US$25,000 per episode of the drama series “She Was Pretty” in 2015, and he has since solidified his status as a millionaire through his films. For instance, “Midnight Runners” grossed US$13.6 million in its first five days of release, while “Parasite” has made over US$264 million worldwide. As the first Korean actor to reach one million subscribers on YouTube, he is also estimated to earn up to US$60,000 annually from the social media platform. He is known for his philanthropy, having donated US$83,000 to South Korean flood victims in August 2020, and the same amount to the city of Daegu in February 2021 to help fund medical equipment to combat COVID-19, according to his talent agency. Right now, Park Seo-joon is living a lavish lifestyle from his career earnings.
How tall is Park Seo-joon?
Park Seo-Joon is a tall and handsome actor. With his attractive physical features, he has become a popular actor in South Korea and internationally. His tall and slim figure adds to his charm and has helped him secure various leading roles in movies and TV dramas. Despite being known for his good looks, he has also gained a reputation for his excellent acting skills, making him a sought-after talent in the entertainment industry.
The actor has a standing height of 6 feet. He weighs 70 kg and has a slim body type. He has black hair, dark brown eyes, and a long neck. His shoe size is 9 US, and his tall stature makes him stand out in the crowd. Park Seo-Joon has a very charming smile.
Park Seo-joon – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Girlfriend, Family, Awards
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |