The government has been urged to repeal the recently enacted 10% gambling tax by the National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) Youth Wing.
On Tuesday, August 15, 2023, a 10% withholding tax on all gross gains from gambling, lotteries, and other games of chance went into effect.
This came after the Income Tax (Amendment) (No. 2) Act of 2023 (Act 1094) was passed.
National Youth Organiser of the NDC, in a statement, called the policy “burdensome and insensitive” to Ghana’s youth and promised a number of moves to have it repealed.
“We shall make sure our voices are heard and demand that this CORRUPT Akufo-Addo be removed through agitations, marches, advocacy, and civic engagements.Opare Addo stated that the Bawumia Government reversed its judgment.
On August 15, 2023, the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) implemented a new tax on winnings from lotteries, gambling, and other games of chance.
It stated that domestic competitors will be subject to the 10% tax on all winnings.
In addition, a 20% tax on profits will be levied against betting companies doing business in the nation.
This tax measure is a component of the government’s larger plan to increase domestic income and the tax base.
Tap To Join Our WhatsApp Community
NDC Youth Threatening To Hold A Large Protest Over A 10% Gambling Tax(Details)
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks