A Pennsylvania high school track and field coach has been arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male student-athlete for over a year, according to prosecutors.
Hannah Marth, 26, who coached at Northampton Areas High School, was charged with felony institutional sexual assault and sexual assault by a sports official.
The District Attorney’s Office stated that Marth started the alleged relationship when she texted the student at 2 a.m. on May 22, 2021, asking him to come to her house to have sex.
The victim reportedly told investigators that they were in a relationship that ended in October 2022. Marth allegedly confessed to having “romantic involvement” with the victim.
District Attorney Terence Houck called the coach’s actions a “blatant disregard for the well-being of those she coached, and above all – the law.”
The school district expressed its intent to cooperate with authorities and ensure the safety of its students.
The alleged sexual relationship between a coach and a student is a serious crime that can have long-lasting effects on the victim and the community.
Sexual abuse in any form can cause emotional and psychological trauma that can take years to heal. Victims may feel isolated and ashamed and may struggle with trust issues and self-esteem.
Source: Fox News
Meet Hannah Marth, Former track and field coach at Northampton Areas High School
- Biden’s DOE Goes AWOL When Asked To Explain Giving Billions To Companies Tied To CCP |
- F1 reveals first look at new Las Vegas circuit with impressive drivers’ view before race in November
- Stewart Rhodes Sentenced To 18 Years For Seditious Conspiracy
- Community Police Officer Allegedly Rapes CID Boss’ 13-year-old Daughter
- Agya Koo Bio, Age, Net Worth, Wife, Children & More