“Slow down for a moment… Graham protested, “I was born in this county,” amid boos and cries of “traitor!”
Trump, who made Pickens’ Fourth of July celebration the focal point of his campaign for the 2024 primary in the early-voting state, attracted an estimated 30,000 conservatives who were impatient with Graham.
The senator continued, “I found common ground with President Trump,” as the jeers persisted. “Getting there took some time… President Trump, however, has grown on me, and he enjoys himself. And that’s something we both share.
In rural areas like Pickens, in the northwest of the state, where two South Carolina Republicans, former Gov. Nikki Haley and Sen. Tim Scott, are also on the ballot, Trump continues to enjoy enormous popularity. Next year, Pickens will host the first presidential primary in the South.
In the wake of his April indictment by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, Graham, an on-again, off-again Trump ally, pleaded with his own donors to donate money to Trump. However, Graham’s past criticism of Trump’s policies and demeanor continues to irritate the former president’s most ardent supporters.
Lindsey Graham Heckled and Booed by Conservatives As He Attempted To Praise Donald Trump |
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video