A couple of weeks ago, I played a video about a guy talking about how redneck homophobes were turning away from a song because it was about two guys who fell in love with each other. The man pointed out that these homophobes were the same ones that would absolutely rock out to songs by Queen and Elton John all the time. All that got me to thinking about songs along the same theme that are popular as hell. Songs like “Walk on the Wild Side” by Lou Reed. Or a couple of years before that, the famous “Lola” by The Kinks. You just know that these homophobes were singing out with this song. It just makes you wonder some days.
Anyway, here’s to all the Lolas out there and to the guys who love them.
Late Night Music Club: The Kinks Perform Lola
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video