Kyra Sedgwick is an actress, producer, and director from the USA. She is famous for her role as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson on the TNT crime drama “The Closer“. For her role in the series, she won a Golden Globe Award in 2007 and an Emmy Award in 2010. She had a recurring role as Madeline Wuntch on the sitcom “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”. She married her husband, Kevin Bacon on September 4, 1988.
Kyra made her debut TV role as Julia Shearer in “Another World” at the age of 16. Some of the other movies and TV series in which she appeared include Something to Talk About (1995), Born on the Fourth of July (1989), Singles (1992), Heart and Souls (1993), Phenomenon (1996), What’s Cooking (2000), Secondhand Lions (2003), The Game Plan (2007), The Possession (2012), and The Edge of Seventeen (2016).
Who are the Parents of Kyra Sedgwick?
Kyra Sedgwick was born with the birth name of Kyra Minturn Sedgwick on 19 August 1965 in New York City, New York, USA. She is the daughter of Henry Dwight Sedgwick V, a venture capitalist, and Patricia Sedgwick, a speech teacher, and educational/family therapist. Her parents separated when she was four and divorced when she was six; her mother subsequently married Ben Heller, an art dealer. She spent her early life and childhood with her two brothers namely Mike Stern, and Robert Sedgwick, and a sister named Holly Sedgwick. She is an American by nationality and she holds a mixed ethnical ethnicity as she is of English, Distant Dutch, Scottish, German, and Ashkenazi Jewish descent. The actress celebrated her 57th birthday in 2022.
For her education, she graduated from Friends Seminary and attended Sarah Lawrence College before transferring to the University of Southern California, where she graduated with a theater degree.
Kyra Sedgwick’s acting career
- Kyra, at age 16, made her TV debut on the television soap opera “Another World” as Julia Shearer. In 1988, she appeared in a TV version of Lanford Wilson’s “Lemon Sky”.
- She starred in several Hollywood movies, including Singles (1992), Heart and Souls (1993), Something to Talk About (1995), and Phenomenon in her 1990s. She acted in the Emmy Award–winning 1992 made-for-TV film “Miss Rose White”.
- Kyra played the parts of Mae Coleman in 2003’s “Secondhand Lions” and Stella Peck in the 2007 film “The Game Plan.”
- In 1991, she appeared in “Pyrates” followed by “The Woodsman” in 2004. She even dubbed the voice of Batwoman in the animated movie “Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman.”
- From 2005 to 2012, she starred in the television series “The Closer”. Likewise, she produced the television series “Proof” for TNT which debuted in 2015 for one season. She is also featured in the NBC comedy series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as Madeline Wuntch.
- She next played the lead role of Jean Raines in the ABC comedy pilot “My Village”. The series was green-lighted by ABC and re-titled Call Your Mother on May 21, 2020, for the 2020–2021 television season.
Who is Kyra Sedgwick’s husband?
Kyra Sedgwick is a married woman. She tied the knot to her husband, Kevin Bacon who is an actor by profession. The duo got married on September 4, 1988. At present, Kyra and Kevin are enjoying their present life a lot and there is no sign of divorce between them. Their bond is going strong with the passage of time.
Everything To Know About Kevin Bacon
The duo husband-wife is blessed with two children namely Travis Sedgwick Bacon (b. June 23, 1989) (Actor, Musician) and a daughter named Sosie Ruth Bacon (b. March 15, 1992) (Actress).
What is Kyra Sedgwick’s net worth?
Kyra Sedgwick is an actress who has accumulated huge wealth from her career work. She is known for starring as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in the crime drama TV series “The Closer” (2005–2012). In 2007, she began earning roughly $300,000 per episode for the TV series “The Closer”. The primary source of income comes from the entertainment industry. Her worldwide aggregate box office grossing for 14 films as a Supporting Actress is over $489 million. In Leading or Lead Ensemble roles, she has grossed over $84 million in box office sales. Overall, the actress has grossed over $761 million in box office sales worldwide in 35 movies.
As of 2023, the net worth of Kyra Sedgwick is believed to have $45 million. She has been featured in the print and TV advertisements for Tropicana‘s ‘Trop 50’ low calorie & sugar orange juice (2009). She also made a cameo appearance in one of her husband Kevin Bacon’s TV commercials for the iPhone, in 2013. She is living a lavish lifestyle from her earnings.
How tall is Kyra Sedgwick?
Kyra Sedgwick is a beautiful actress with a pair of dark brown eyes while she has a blonde curly hair color. She has also been open to plastic surgery including Botox, Facelift, and lip filler. She has a petite frame and she has a mole on her neck. She has a radiant face. She has tattoos on her ankle, side, and lower back.
Kyra has a well-maintained body structure. She stands at a perfect height of 5 ft 5 in or 165 cm and her body weight consists of 56 kg or 123.5 lbs. Her body measurement is 35-25-35 inches while she has an hourglass body type.
Kyra Sedgwick – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Husband, Parents, Facts, Height
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |