The assault case against Jonathan Majors took another dramatic turn Wednesday as a new report said more alleged victims have come forward.
Following news earlier this week that the actor was dropped by his talent manager as well as his powerful Hollywood public relations team, Variety published a story late Wednesday afternoon saying “multiple alleged abuse victims” are now “cooperating” with the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office following the actor’s March arrest.
In response, Majors’ criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry issued a statement saying the actor has done nothing wrong.
“Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone,” Chaudhry said in a statement to Urban Hollywood 411. “We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated.”
Related Story: Jonathan Majors Faces Multiple Assault Charges After Arraignment
The Creed III and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania star was arrested on March 25, after his 30-year-old girlfriend “informed police she was assaulted,” the NYPD said the day of the arrest.
Majors, 33, was arraigned the next day and charged with multiple misdemeanor counts — including assault in the third degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree.
According to the criminal complaint, the woman said she was struck “about the face with an open hand, causing substantial pain and a laceration behind her ear.” The complaint also alleged the actor “put his hand on her neck, causing bruising and substantial pain.”
Majors’ attorney said at the time the woman was having an “emotional crisis” and additional evidence would prove the actor is “entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever.”
Days later, the attorney released three text messages allegedly sent by the woman involved in the assault case.
The first message read, “I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone.”
The second message said, “I love you.”
In the final message, the woman wrote, “I reiterated how this was not an attack and they do not have my blessing on any charges being placed.”
On Monday, April 17, Majors faced new fallout as multiple outlets reported he was axed by management company, Entertainment 360, as well as PR firm, The Lede Company. Neither company responded to our request for comment.
Majors is due back in a New York City courtroom on May 8.
Jonathan Majors ‘Is Completely Innocent,’ Lawyer Says Amid New Fallout
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |