The alleged victim in the Jonathan Majors assault case has been granted a “full” temporary order of protection, although the actor’s lawyer says he wants “nothing to do with the woman.”
The order was issued Thursday in New York City and bars contact between Majors and the accuser, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office said in a statement to People magazine.
“A judge granted a Full Temporary Order of Protection for the victim, per the People’s request and with the consent of defense counsel,” the D.A.’s office said.
Related Story: Jonathan Majors ‘Dropped’ by Management and PR Firms After Arrest
The new TRO replaces a “limited” order that had been in place since the actor’s arraignment last month.
The previous order allowed Majors and the woman to maintain contact.
A “full” TRO means “the subject of the order of protection must stay completely away from you, your home, job and school,” according to the NYPD.
Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudhry called the new order “standard,” adding that the actor is innocent.
“This is standard in cases such as this, and we consented because Mr. Majors wants nothing to do with the woman who assaulted him,” Chaudhry said in a statement to Urban Hollywood 411. “We have been transparent and cooperative with the District Attorney, including giving the District Attorney ample evidence, including witness statements.”
The attorney alleged in a recent court filing (obtained by the Los Angeles Times) that the woman attacked Majors during the March 25 incident, then “went clubbing, got drunk, sent Mr. Majors angry text messages accusing him of infidelity, sent a suicide note to Mr. Majors, took a bunch of sleeping pills, and then, eleven hours later, was found alone in a locked bedroom, unconscious on the floor of a closet, with a cut behind her ear and a broken finger.”
The attorney now says photos and surveillance video from the nightclub prove “the woman is lying.”
“We recently provided a forensic medical opinion from a Board Certified Emergency Medicine Doctor and Trauma Specialist who has examined the photos and videos of the woman and concludes, without hesitation, that the woman did not have any injuries at the nightclub and the injuries she later sustained did not come from Mr. Majors (and could not have come from the way the woman described). In fact, the forensic medical expert’s opinion shows that the woman is lying,” Chaudhry said.
Chaudhry also accused prosecutors of trying to cause “reputational harm” to Majors by alerting the media to the new TRO, which the attorney described as a “non-event.”
“It is disturbing that even when presented with this incontrovertible evidence of a Black man’s innocence, the District Attorney continues this false case… the DA has broken its own ‘policy’ of not commenting to the press by blasting out information about a non-event (a consented, standard order of protection) just to cause more reputational harm to an innocent man. They have no rational reason to ignore evidence of his innocence and to take intentional steps to damage him,” Chaudhry stated.
Majors, 33, was arrested on March 25, after his 30-year-old girlfriend “informed police she was assaulted,” the NYPD said the day of the arrest.
The actor was arraigned the day after his arrest and charged with multiple misdemeanor counts — including assault in the third degree, three counts of attempted assault in the third degree, one count of aggravated harassment in the second degree, and one count of harassment in the second degree.
An April 19 report in Variety said “multiple alleged abuse victims” are now “cooperating” with the D.A.’s office following the actor’s arrest.
Majors is due back in court on May 9. His hearing had been scheduled for May 8, but was moved, according to the D.A.’s office.
Jonathan Majors’ Alleged Victim Granted Restraining Order
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |