John Schneider is an American actor and country music singer. He is famous for his portrayal of Beauregard “Bo” Duke in the American television action/comedy series “The Dukes of Hazzard“, Jonathan Kent in the 2001–11 TV series “Smallville”, and James “Jim” Cryer in the television series “The Haves and the Have Nots”. John married Alicia Allain in 2019 who passed away in February 2023.
John has also been cast in films like Ministry of Vengeance, Roe v. Wade, Conjurer, Eddie Macon’s Run, The Curse, Speed Zone, Exit to Eden, True Woman, Sydney White, The Rebound, Wild Things: Foursome, Snow Beast, October Baby, and Season of Miracles. Schneider, as a singer, has released nine studio albums as well as eighteen singles including “I’ve Been Around Enough to Know”, “Country Girls”, “What’s a Memory Like You”, and “You’re the Last Thing I Needed Tonight”, all of which reached the top of the Billboard country singles charts.
Who are John Schneider’s parents?
John Schneider took birth on 8th April 1980 in Mount Kisco, New York, U.S. John Richard Schneider is his birth name. He is American by nationality and his ethnic background is mixed as he has ¾ German and ¼ Irish ancestry on his dad’s side. His present age is 62 as of 2022. He is the youngest of three boys for Shirley Conklin (1932-2016) and John “Jack” Schneider III (1930-2013), a pilot who had served in the U.S. Air Force. His elder brother, Robert Schneider is an artist. His other brother (also called John) died of lung failure at age 3, three years before John’s birth. At 8, he started entertaining people as a magician. At 14, John relocated to Georgia with his mom.
John went to Georgia School of High Performance and also to North Springs High School in Atlanta.
How was the career of John Schneider?
- John Schneider, at age 18, won the role of Bo Duke in the American television series “The Dukes of Hazzard” which ran from 1979 to 1985. He directed the series finale, titled “Opening Night at the Boar’s Nest”, airing originally on CBS, on February 8, 1985. He also became a recording artist and a face of merchandise during the height of the popularity of the TV series.
- After the series ended, John portrayed Jonathan Kent, the adoptive father of Clark Kent on “Smallville” where he starred in 100 episodes. Later, he returned for the season 10 premiere of “Smallville”, reprising his role as Jonathan Kent in a recurring role.
- After then, he appeared in many films and TV series, including five guest spots on “Hee Haw” and the miniseries “10.5”. He also had a recurring role on “Dr. Quinn”, “Medicine Woman” and made guest appearances on such shows as “Diagnosis: Murder”, “Touched by an Angel”, “JAG” and “Walker, Texas Ranger.”
- He made an appearance on CSI in an episode titled “Kill Me If You Can” in 2009 followed by “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”, “Leverage”, “Desperate Housewives”, and “Doonby”.
- He returned to the role of Bo Duke, alongside Tom Wopat as Luke Duke, in a 2014 commercial for Autotrader.com.
- He also owns and operates the John Schneider Studios (JSS).
- During his time in Dukes of Hazzard, he was also involved in the music industry. He signed with Scotti Brothers Label and released his debut full-length album, “Now or Never”. He continued to release albums, including “Quiet Man” and “If You Believe”, and, in 1984, signed with MCA Nashville. Through MCA Nashville, he released “Too Good to Stop Now”. He also unleashed “Tryin’ To Outrun the Wind”, followed by “A Memory Like You”.
- Later, he returned to his acting career with “Worth The Wait”, “John’s Acoustic Christmas”, “The Promise and Home For Christmas”, with “The Dukes of Hazzard” co-star Tom Wopat in 2014.
- In 2019, on January 29, LIVE, at a filming of the TV show “Good Rockin’ Tonight”, he was Inducted on the air into The Louisiana Music Hall Of Fame in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- In November 2021, he spoke and performed at Global Vision Bible Church in Wilson County, Tennessee.
- In addition to this, he has also been involved with a number of stage performances including 42nd Street [Pittsburgh, PA (Regional)] Pittsburgh CLO Revival, 2006 Julian Marsh [Replacement] Chicago [Broadway] Broadway Revival, 1996 Billy Flynn [Replacement] Grand Hotel [Broadway] Original Broadway Production, 1989 Felix Von Gaigern [Replacement] (source: Broadway World).
- Further, he took part In the “Word Of Promise” Audio Bible series. He voiced James in the Book of James.
- He was announced as one of the celebrities who would compete on season 27 of “Dancing with the Stars” on 12th September 2018 partnering with Emma Slater. They became the sixth couple to be eliminated from the show on 5th November.
- In 2020, he starred in the Hallmark Movie as John Holiday in “A Royal Christmas Engagement” and after a year, he appeared as Joe Winter in the Lifetime Movie “Christmas in Tune”.
- In 2022, he was cast in the movies “The Good Fight”, “Adeline”, “Tres Leches”, “Mysterious Circumstance: The Death of Meriwether Lewis” and “To Die For”.
Who is John Schneider’s wife?
John Schneider is a married man. He tied the knot to his wife, Alicia Allain in September 2019. John started dating Alicia Allain in April 2015. Alicia was his producing partner and owner of Maven Entertainment as well as had served as his personal and professional manager. They remained together until the death of Alicia on 22nd February 2023.
Everything To Know About Alicia Allain Schneider
Previously, John Schneider dated Canadian-born American politician Jennifer Granholm. After that, he was romantically linked to Cathy Lee Crosby. He also dated a girl named Maria Roosakos from 197 to 1979. During that time, he dated Georganne LaPiere. He was also linked with actor Georganne LaPiere between 1978 and 1979. From June 1979 to July 1983, actor Melinda Naud and John dated each other. From 1981 to 1982, singer Marie Osmond and John dated each other. He then started dating TV personality and former Miss America Tawny Little in 1982. Tawny and John got married on 16th July 1983. After three years, their marriage ended via divorce in March 1986. After his split with Tawny, he was in a relationship with Carlene Carter, and Kodua Michele. Next, he dated an American personality Elly Castle whom he married on 11th July 1993. On 12th December 2014, the couple divorced.
John Schneider is a father to Karis from his relationship with Elly Castle. He is a very generous person who participates frequently in various charity events. In 1982, Schneider founded the Children’s Miracle Network charity with Marie Osmond. The non-profit organization generates funds for children’s hospitals, medical research, and community awareness of child health concerns.
What is John Schneider’s net worth?
John Schneider is an actor by profession who has made a huge sum of money from his acting career in numerous movies and TV series. He rose to prominence after starring in the American action-comedy television series Dukes of Hazzard which aired on CBS. One of the famous country singers in the 1980s, John released more than 18 songs and 10 albums.
John Schneider’s net worth is estimated to have $200,000 as of 2023. He gained stardom and riches with a successful career as a film producer, screenwriter, and director. He has made appearances in at least 79 television programs and 42 motion pictures, which has contributed significantly to his staggering net worth. He has been in the entertainment world for almost four decades, maintaining a successful acting and singing career. On the other side, the net worth of his wife, Alicia Allain, is estimated to have $500K in 2023. He and his wife, Alicia Allain, recently relocated to a higher location close to John Schneider Studios in Holden. Their new contemporary house features white columns, a tin roof, and a porch large enough for a party. It has all the latest amenities, a modern designer kitchen, and lots of storage space. He enjoys driving and has several cars in his spacious garage. He rarely shows off his vehicles in public, though. However, he has been spotted driving a 1969 Dodge Charger on several occasions. He has appeared in several TV commercials including Ortho garden care products (2003), AutoTrader.com (2014), and numerous infomercials. He lives a lavish lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is John Schneider?
John Schneider is a handsome man with towering height. He has blonde hair color and he has a pair of blue eyes. His body type is athletic. He has not inked any tattoos on his body.
John Schneider has a tall height of 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm. His body weight consists of 98 kg or 216 pounds. As a kid, he was unhealthy like many other children. Later, he started maintaining his body by hitting the gym regularly and doing weight training. Until his 50s, he kept his weight around 230 pounds (or 104 kg). Though, he kept losing weight for his different roles in films and TV shows. He even tried Beachbody’s Body Beast workout and also the 90-day programs called P90X2, P90X3, and P90XPlus.
John Schneider – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Facts, Family, Height
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |