A multi-vehicle accident has resulted in the closure of both sides of Interstate 55 below Springfield. A dust storm was apparently affecting the area during the time of the accident.
The Illinois State Police have closed the interstate from mile markers 52 to 80 in both directions.
At least 100 vehicles involved according to Farmersville Fire.
The Divernon City Hall is being utilized as a place for families of those involved in the accident to reunite, according to the ISP.
The ISP’s Troop 6 and Troop 8 are presently dealing with the significant accident.
It is suggested that drivers seek alternative routes to their destinations.
This is a developing story that will be updated when more information is available.
Injuries reported after dust storm causes massive pileup along I-55 south of Springfield, Illinois
- Biden’s DOE Goes AWOL When Asked To Explain Giving Billions To Companies Tied To CCP |
- F1 reveals first look at new Las Vegas circuit with impressive drivers’ view before race in November
- Stewart Rhodes Sentenced To 18 Years For Seditious Conspiracy
- Community Police Officer Allegedly Rapes CID Boss’ 13-year-old Daughter
- Agya Koo Bio, Age, Net Worth, Wife, Children & More