Most artists would welcome a mention by former President Barack Obama, just not indie rock musician Lucy Dacus.
The singer and guitarist from all-female band Boygenius called Obama a “war criminal” after he included one of the group’s songs on his summer playlist.
Obama posted his annual music list to social media on July 20.
“Like I do every year, here are some songs I’ve been listening to this summer — a mix of old and new. Look forward to hearing what I’ve missed,” the 44th president wrote on Instagram.
Also Read: Jamie Foxx Releases Video Statement on Hospitalization: ‘I Went to Hell and Back’
The eclectic list included “Princess Diana” by Ice Spice and Nicki Minaj; “Golden Lady” by Stevie Wonder; “Walk Like an Egyptian” from The Bangles; and “Not Strong Enough” from Boygenius.
Dacus retweeted Obama’s playlist and included the caption “war criminal :(” in her post.
It’s unclear why the Virginia native criticized the former president after he gave her group free exposure.
Some websites have suggested the ungrateful musician may have been referring to Obama’s drone program when he was in the White House.
Indie Musician Bashes Obama for Including Her Song on His Playlist
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video