Ice Spice is an American rapper and musician. She is famous for her song “Munch (Feelin’ U)” in 2022 which peaked at #5 on the US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard) chart, at #28 on the US Rhythmic (Billboard) chart, and at #34 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard) chart. She is rumored to be dating Pete Davidson.
Initially, she was inspired to start rapping by Sheff G and Pop Smoke. The rapper is also known for her song “Bikini Bottom” which was released on 28th October 2022 via 10K Projects. The song peaked at #29 on the New Zealand Hot Singles (RMNZ) chart. Moreover, she has released tracks like “Bully Freestyle”, “Be a Lady”, “No Clarity”, “Name of Love”, and “Euphoric”. She was hailed by Jon Caramanica of The New York Times as “rap’s new princess”, and was named a “breakout star” by Time magazine. Her stage name “Ice Spice” has been with her long before she was an established rapper. She revealed her rapper name comes from when she was 14 years old and was playing around with name ideas on her finsta. She was commonly referred to as “Ice” growing up because her real name is Isis. She said: “I chose Ice Spice because it literally rhymes. I was 14 coming up with like a finsta name and I was like ‘what rhymes with ice? Spice.’ Plus I love spicy food too. I put hot sauce on everything.”
What is the Real Name of Ice Spice?
Ice Spice took birth with the real name of Isis Gaston on January 1, 2000, in New York City, USA. She was raised in the Fordham Road neighborhood. She is the daughter of her father who is a former underground rapper. She was born when her mother was only 17. By nationality, she is American and belongs to the mixed ethnical race as her dad is of African-American descent while her mum is of Dominican descent. She confirmed her background on Twitter in November 2022, when a fan commented “Ice Spice looks so Igbo” on her physical appearance. She replied, “I’m Nigerian, but IDK which tribe. Maybe you right!”. Her parents first met each other at a McDonald’s and divorced when Ice Spice was two years old. She spent much of her time with her grandparents and cousins during her childhood. She is the oldest of five siblings. Regarding her religion, she has described herself as religious, stating that she prays every day, also saying, “Me and God are besties.” She celebrated her 23rd birthday in 2023.
For her educational qualification, the rapper went to attend school in the Bronx until she was sent to Sacred Heart High School, a Catholic high school in Yonkers. When she was seven, she started liking hip hop after listening to rappers like Lil’ Kim, Nicki Minaj, and others. Likewise, she also wrote poetry and freestyle rap from elementary school to high school. She next went to the State University of New York at Purchase (commonly known as Purchase College or SUNY Purchase), a public liberal arts college located in Purchase, New York. Later, she dropped out. Ice Spice, before her popularity in the music industry, used to work several different odd jobs. As per her interview in “The Cut”, she confirmed that her last job before committing to a rap career was babysitting for a “Jewish family upstate” in Westchester, New York.
Ice Spice’s music career
- Ice Spice, in 2021, began rapping after she met a record producer, RiotUSA. He produced her debut song, “Bully Freestyle”, which was released in March 2021.
- Before her debut single; Ice Spice doing the “Buss It” challenge went viral on Twitter. Next, her song “Name of Love” got famous on SoundCloud which became popular on Instagram.
- She then rose to fame with her song “Munch (Feelin’ U)” which was released on 10th August 2022. The song was also produced by RiotUSA and distributed by WorldStarHipHop. Furthermore, she gained further fame after getting support from Drake, who played the song on his Sirius XM radio station, Sound 42.
- In September 2022, she appeared as a featured artist on the song “One Time” by B-Lovee. After a month, she signed a record deal with 10K Projects and Capitol Records.
- She released the single “Bikini Bottom” on 28th October. Her debut EP “Like..?” was released on 20th January 2023.
- In addition, she also collaborated with Lil Tjay on the tribute single “Gangsta Boo” to the late rapper of the same name in February 2023.
- On 3rd February 2023, the remix of singer PinkPantheress’s song, “Boy’s a Liar Pt. 2” featuring Ice Spice and the corresponding music video was released. The song peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, the highest charting position for either artist at the time.
Is Ice Spice dating someone?
Ice Spice is not dating anyone at the moment. She is unmarried and she does not have a boyfriend right now. There is a rumor spreading about her affairs with Pete Davidson who is an American comedian, actor, writer, singer, and rapper. The rumor started as a joke, before quickly catching heat and trending on the site. One Twitter user wrote: ‘Pete Davidson keep taking them all… I wonder who’s next after icespice.’ Another wrote: ‘Pete Davidson dating ice spice? Streets is done.’ Neither Ice Spice nor Davidson has not replied regarding the rumors due to which we can assume that the news is just speculation.
Everything To Know About Pete Davidson
On the other side, Pete Davidson is rumored to be dating his Bodies, Bodies, Bodies co-star, Chase Sui Wonders. The duo has been spotted kissing as well. Likewise, Ice Spice’s name has been linked with actor Caleb McLaughlin, Canadian rapper, and singer Drake, & rapper and singer Lil Tjay.
What is the net worth of Ice Spice?
Ice Spice is a talented rapper who came to fame with her song “Munch (Feelin’ U)” in 2022. Her fame is rising with her hardwork in the music field. As a musician, she is making good fortune. Her main source of wealth comes from the music industry. About her salary, she is making her annual income in thousand of dollars.
The net worth of Ice Spice is estimated to be $2 million as of 2023. She made this net worth from her professional career as a rapper releasing several singles, music videos, shows, collaborations with singers, and hit songs. She is living a luxurious lifestyle at the moment.
What is the height of Ice Spice?
Gorgeous rapper, Ice Spice has a pair of attractive dark brown eyes while her hair color is auburn. She has curly hair which is of medium length. She is fond of tattoos and she has a butterfly tattoo on her arm and a naval and also she has pierced her ears. She has a curvy physique with pouty lips which is her distinctive feature. She has a body measurement of 33-26-34 inches.
The musician has a tall height of 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm. Her body weight consists of 58 kg or 128 lbs. She has a voluptuous body build. A fitness freak, Ice Spice takes care of her body a lot. She has got a healthy body with an attractive personality.
Ice Spice – Bio, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Age, Real Name, Family, Height
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |