Collierville Police Chief Dale Lane confirmed that a tragic incident occurred on Tuesday, July 11, 2023, at a Campbell Clinic in Collierville, where a healthcare worker was fatally shot.
The gunfire erupted at approximately 2:30 p.m. within an exam room of the clinic, located on Poplar Avenue near Shae Road and in proximity to the Baptist Memorial Hospital campus.
After the shooting, FOX3 News witnessed a drone hovering above the vicinity, and police vehicles swiftly arrived to secure the area surrounding the Campbell Clinic.
In an interview with FOX3 News, Chief Dale Lane revealed that the assailant had been present at Campbell’s Clinic for an extended period before perpetrating the fatal shooting of a healthcare worker within the facility.
During a subsequent press conference, Lane stated that law enforcement successfully apprehended the gunman within just 5 minutes following the deadly incident.
The police discovered a handgun in the possession of the suspect.
Chief Lane stressed that this was an isolated shooting occurrence and not an active shooter situation akin to the recent mass shooting at a Collierville Kroger.
This is a developing story that will be updated when more information is available.
Healthcare worker Benjamin Mauck shot and killed by a patient inside an exam room at Campbell Clinic in Collierville
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks