Certain Republican lawmakers, including state Sen. Colton Moore, have proposed convening a special session to scrutinize the legal proceedings led by Willis against former President Donald Trump. During the news conference, Kemp stated that he lacks the authority to convene the session and has not observed any evidence of illegal activity on the part of Willis.
HELP US CONTINUE TO BRING YOU THE BEST NEWS, OPINIONS
According to NBC News, the speaker emphasized that there is a law in Georgia that specifies the appropriate legal measures that constituents can pursue if they believe their local prosecutors are acting unethically or unlawfully.
“I have not yet observed any evidence that justifies the Prosecuting Attorney Oversight Commission taking action against DA Willis, considering his actions or lack thereof,” he stated.
Additionally, he stated that the proposition to impeach Willis is impractical and potentially unconstitutional.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM WAYNEDUPREE.COM
State Senator Colton Moore expressed his intention to persist in advocating for a special session, regardless of Governor Kemp’s remarks, in an interview with a local news organization.
Moore expressed his intention to persistently advocate for a special session until it convenes. He emphasized that disregarding his voice and the 200,000 individuals he represents would be unconstitutional. I advocate for convening a special session.
Georgia GA Defends DA Prosecuting Donald Trump |
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks