The charges against Biden were dismissed by U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika following a request by federal prosecutor David Weiss. Weiss sought to dismiss the charges in order to pursue them in either Washington, D.C. or California. Weiss was appointed as special counsel by Attorney General Merrick Garland last Friday in response to his request for the position.
HELP US CONTINUE TO BRING YOU THE BEST NEWS, OPINIONS
Garland stated that Mr. Weiss informed him on Tuesday that, in his professional opinion, his investigation had progressed to a point where he believed it was appropriate for him to continue as a special counsel. Mr. Weiss requested to be officially appointed as such.
Weiss was appointed in the midst of a plea deal unraveling. Biden’s legal team claimed that the government reneged on the deal, while the Department of Justice argued that it was not valid because a probation official did not approve it. Weiss’s appointment received significant criticism from Republicans, including South Carolina Senator Tim Scott, a GOP presidential candidate for 2024. In a recent interview on Fox News, Scott expressed his lack of trust in the newly-appointed special counsel.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM WAYNEDUPREE.COM
Scott compared the appointment of David as a special counsel to a scenario where the Department of Justice prioritizes the protection of Democrats while targeting Republicans. This serves as a strong indication that there has been no alteration in the situation.
Federal Judge Drops Tax Charges Against Hunter Biden: Major Twist in Delaware Case! |
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks