The DOJ says Trump can be held liable for disparaging comments he made about the woman who accused him of rape. Oops! Via the BBC.com:
Its lawyers previously argued Mr Trump was legally immune as he was president when he made the remarks in 2019. But on Tuesday government attorneys said they no longer had “sufficient basis” to conclude Mr Trump had acted within the scope of his duties.
The decision boosts E Jean Carroll’s defamation lawsuit against Mr Trump.
In May, Mr Trump was ordered to pay the former magazine columnist $5m (£3.9m) after being found liable for sexual abuse of her in 1996 at a New York department store.
As you may remember, Carroll sued him again for the comments he made after he lost the previous case. Just can’t keep his mouth shut, can he?
DOJ: Trump Not Protected On Latest E. Jean Carroll Comments
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks