Sean “Diddy” Combs will be honored with the “Global Icon Award” this month at the MTV Video Music Awards, and perform live at the VMAs for the first time in 18 years.
The hip-hop mogul is planning an “epic” performance as he’s recognized for his “unparalleled career and continued influence,” MTV said in a press release Tuesday.
The rapper and producer is nominated for 4 other awards this year for his work on “Creepin” (Remix) and “Gotta Move On.” His nominations include two for “Best Collaboration,” as well as “Best Rap” and “Best R&B.”
Related Story: Diddy Returns Music Publishing Rights to Mase and Other Bad Boy Artists
Diddy previously appeared on the VMAs in 1997, when he performed “Mo Money Mo Problems.” He returned to the show in 2002 to perform a medley of Bad Boy hits. Then in 2005, he hosted the VMAs from Miami, leading an orchestra into a performance featuring Snoop Dogg on stage and a video of the late Notorious B.I.G.
This will be Diddy’s first performance at the VMAs since 2005.
Other performers at this year’s awards include Doja Cat, Lil Wayne, Anitta, Demi Lovato, Karol G, Kelsea Ballerini, Måneskin, Stray Kids, and TOMORROW X TOGETHER, with more acts to be announced later.
Shakira will receive MTV’s “Video Vanguard Award,” and perform live at the show.
The MTV VMAs air live from New Jersey’s Prudential Center on Tuesday, Sept. 12 at 8PM ET/PT.
The show takes place three days before Diddy releases The Love Album: Off the Grid on Sept. 15.
Diddy to Receive MTV VMAs ‘Global Icon Award’ and Perform Live
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks