“I would go to Congress and ask for the First Step Act’s repeal as one of the things I would want to accomplish as president. “You should serve your time in jail if you’re there,” DeSantis stated on “The Ben Shapiro Show.”
It is a grave error, he continued, to release those who have not undergone rehabilitation early in order to prey on members of society.
The Florida governor, who was a member of Congress, supported the bill’s first House version but dissented from its final version, which DeSantis campaign adviser Christina Pushaw called “FAR more liberal than the original.”
In a highly publicized Twitter Space with the platform’s owner Elon Musk, DeSantis introduced his candidacy earlier this week. While there was a sizable online audience for the event, there were several technical issues that mostly diverted media attention from his actual speech.
However, according to polling, he routinely finishes far ahead of all other announced candidates as Trump’s closest rival in the Republican primary. RealClearPolitics estimates that he behind the previous president by 32.6% on average.
DeSantis Tells Conservative Host If Elected, He Would Ask Congress To Repeal Donald Trump’s Justice Reform |
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks