Daniel Pineda, a highly skilled American mixed martial artist, gained significant recognition for his impressive performances in the Featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. In April 2007, he made a victorious professional debut by securing a rear-naked choke against Jeremy Mahon at IFC: Caged Combat. Throughout his career spanning since 2007, Pineda has competed in various notable organizations such as the Professional Fighters League, Bellator, and EliteXC. His outstanding submission victory over Justin Lawrence at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale, achieved in the first round, earned him well-deserved accolades as he received the Submission of the Night honors. Prior to pursuing mixed martial arts at the age of 21, he also dedicated three years to wrestling during his high school years. Notably, Pineda recently faced Alex Caceres on June 3, 2023, at UFC on ESPN 46, unfortunately suffering a loss via unanimous decision. Nonetheless, this performance did earn him his first “Fight of the Night” bonus award. On Instagram, Pineda has garnered a following of 22.3K enthusiastic followers.
Daniel Pineda Background
Daniel Pineda, a proud Texan, was born on August 6, 1985, in Dallas, Texas, U.S. His nationality is American, and he identifies with the American-white ethnicity. Pineda follows the Christian faith and belongs to the white race. Celebrating his birthday on August 6, he shares the zodiac sign Leo and his current age is 37. While he prefers to keep information about his parents private, he does have a brother named Jose Santibanez.
Daniel Pineda Career (MMA and UFC)
- Daniel Pineda, a former Featherweight Champion of Legacy Fighting Championship, showcased his remarkable skills inside the cage. His fights under the Legacy banner were never dull, as he consistently delivered thrilling performances.
- He achieved notable victories over esteemed opponents like Frank Gomez, a veteran of the WEC. Before making his move to the UFC, Pineda concluded his Legacy Fighting Championships journey with a memorable TKO finish, courtesy of a spinning back fist, during Legacy Fighting Championships 9.
- In the early stages of January 2012, it was officially announced that Daniel Pineda had secured a contract with the UFC. He made his debut on January 20, 2012, at UFC on FX: Guillard vs. Miller, where he faced fellow UFC newcomer Pat Schilling. Pineda emerged victorious in the first round, securing a submission win.
- Continuing his UFC journey, Pineda took on Mackens Semerzier on March 3, 2012, at UFC on FX 2. This fight came about due to him stepping in as a replacement for the injured Robbie Peralta. Pineda impressively sealed the victory in the first round with a triangle armbar submission.
- On May 26, 2012, at UFC 146, he faced off against Mike Brown. Despite a valiant effort, Pineda suffered a defeat via unanimous decision.
- Undeterred, Pineda stepped up once again, this time replacing an injured George Roop, to face Antonio Carvalho on July 21, 2012, at UFC 149. Unfortunately, this bout resulted in Pineda experiencing the first knockout loss of his professional MMA career.
- After a break from the Octagon, he made his comeback on April 13, 2013, at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale, where he went head-to-head with Justin Lawrence. Pineda secured a first-round submission victory, earning the well-deserved Submission of the Night honors.
- On August 17, 2013, at UFC Fight Night 26, he faced Diego Brandao in an intense back-and-forth battle. Despite a strong effort, Pineda came up short, losing the fight via unanimous decision.
- Pineda’s next challenge came on March 15, 2014, at UFC 171, where he went up against Robert Whiteford. Unfortunately, he suffered another defeat via unanimous decision, resulting in his release from the UFC.
- After parting ways with the UFC, Daniel Pineda made a triumphant return to Legacy Fighting Championships in July 2014, signing a new contract with the promotion. On November 14, 2014, at Legacy FC 37, Pineda faced Leonard Garcia and secured an impressive first-round submission victory. Continuing his winning streak, he then took on Thomas Webb at Legacy FC 39 on February 28, 2015, and emerged victorious with an early first-round submission.
- In 2016, after an absence of nearly six years, Pineda returned to the Bellator MMA promotion. He faced Emmanuel Sanchez at Bellator 149 on February 19, 2016, but unfortunately lost the fight by unanimous decision. However, he bounced back at Bellator 161 on September 16, 2016, where he defeated Mark Dickman with a third-round submission.
- On August 25, 2017, at Bellator 182, Pineda faced Georgi Karakhanyan. The fight was halted in the second round due to a cut, resulting in Pineda’s loss via doctor stoppage.
- In 2019, he joined the Professional Fighters League (PFL) and took on Movlid Khaybulaev and Jeremy Kennedy on the same night. Although he won both bouts, the results were overturned to a no-contest after Pineda failed a drug test. As a consequence, he received a suspension and a fine of $12,500 from the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC).
- In June 2020, Daniel Pineda made his return to the UFC by re-signing with the organization. On August 15, 2020, at UFC 252, Pineda faced Herbert Burns and emerged victorious with a second-round technical knockout, earning himself the Performance of the Night award. However, his momentum took a hit on December 12, 2020, at UFC 256, when he suffered a second-round knockout loss to Cub Swanson.
- On June 26, 2021, at UFC Fight Night 190, Pineda fought Andre Fili. Unfortunately, the bout ended in a no-contest in the second round after Pineda was unintentionally poked in the eye and deemed unable to continue.
- It was revealed in September 2021, that he had tested positive for amphetamine in a urine sample taken on fight night, resulting in a nine-month suspension and a fine of $2,554.38, encompassing the violation and related legal fees.
- Although scheduled to face Jamall Emmers on May 14, 2022, at UFC on ESPN 36, the bout was canceled for undisclosed reasons in late April.
- Pineda returned to the Octagon on March 25, 2023, at UFC on ESPN 43, where he faced Tucker Lutz. He secured a second-round victory with a guillotine choke submission.
- His most recent fight took place on June 3, 2023, at UFC on ESPN 46 against Alex Caceres. Unfortunately, Pineda suffered a loss via unanimous decision. Despite the defeat, this fight earned him his first “Fight of the Night” bonus award.
Awards and Achievements
Mixed martial arts
Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Submission of the Night (One time) vs. Justin Lawrence
- Performance of the Night (Two times) vs. Herbert Burns and Tucker Lutz.
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. Alex Caceres
Legacy Fighting Championship
- Legacy FC Featherweight Championship (One time)
- Two successful title defenses
- Fury FC Interim Featherweight Championship (One time)
- Fury FC Lightweight Championship (One time)
- KC Featherweight Championship (One time)
Who is Daniel Pineda’s Wife?
Daniel Pineda is a happily married man, having tied the knot with his wife Karla. While specific details about Karla are undisclosed, their love story blossomed, and in late 2019, they joyfully announced the upcoming arrival of their baby. In June 2020, their family welcomed a beautiful baby girl named Olivia Yvette Pineda. Daniel and Karla share a strong bond and find happiness in their domestic life. Karla is a supportive partner who stands by Daniel, understanding the demands of his profession. Their enduring love and deep connection have kept them together, as they cherish their time spent as a couple. Their commitment to each other suggests a devoted relationship without any involvement with others. Regarding Daniel’s sexual orientation, he identifies as straight. Presently, he calls Houston, Texas, United States, his home.
Daniel Pineda’s Net Worth 2023
Daniel Pineda has firmly established his identity and displays remarkable ambition, consistently striving to achieve his goals. As of 2023, his net worth is estimated to be $1.3 million, with an annual salary of $115,000. With his composed and affable demeanor, he is anticipated to gain even more popularity in the future, poised for further success. Pineda has also engaged in endorsement opportunities with various brands, augmenting his earnings. However, his primary source of income stems from his thriving career in MMA.
Daniel Pineda Measurements: Height, Weight & Size
Daniel Pineda has undeniably reached a respectable level of success in his career. Standing at 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m) and weighing 145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st), he possesses an athletic build. With his dark brown hair and eyes, Pineda exudes a striking appearance. Additionally, he adorns his body with appealing tattoos, further adding to his overall allure. The captivating image of this fighter, exuding undeniable attractiveness, can be found ubiquitously across the internet, showcasing his impeccably toned physique.
Daniel Pineda – Bio, Net Worth, Family, Career, Wife, Record, Height
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video