Charles Everett Johnson, excellently known as Charles Johnson was an American professional football player. He came to light for being a wide receiver for nine seasons in the National Football League (NFL). He made his NFL debut with the team on 4th September 1994 when he was 22 years old, and the Steelers were losing to the Dallas Cowboys 26-9. He previously played college football for the Colorado Buffaloes as well as he played for the Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots, and Buffalo Bills from 1994 to 2002. He also worked as assistant athletic director at Heritage High School in Wake Forest. His sole 1,000-yard season came in 1996 when he led the team in receiving yards (1008) and placed tenth in the league in yards per reception (16.8). Unfortunately, he leave the world forever committing suicide on 17th July 2022.
Where was Charles Johnson from?
Charles Johnson opened his eyes for the very first time on 3rd January 1972 in San Bernardino, California, U.S. His real name was Charles Everett Johnson and his religion was Christian. He was of American nationality and he belonged to the African-American ethnicity. Charles lastly celebrated his 50th birthday in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign was Capricorn. Thus, his race was black. His father’s name was Charles Stewart and his mother’s name was Martha Lofton.
Moving to Johnson’s education, he attended Cajon High School in his hometown. Then he studied at the University of Colorado Boulder where he played college football for the Colorado Buffaloes.
Charles Johnson NFL Career
- Charles Johnson began his football career being drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round (17th overall selection) of the 1994 NFL Draft.
- Then on 4th September 1994, he made his NFL debut with the Steelers at the age of 22, in a 26-9 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
- He played in 16 games (9 starts) during his rookie season and made the seventh-longest reception in the NFL the following year.
- Sadly, he was on the Steelers’ injured reserve when the team reached Super Bowl XXX the following year, losing 27-17 to the Cowboys.
- He later finished tenth in the league in yards per reception (16.8) and led the franchise in receiving yards (1008), the only 1,000-yard season in his career.
- He also recorded career-highs in touchdown catches (7) and receptions (65) two years later.
- Subsequently, Charles joined the Philadelphia Eagles as an unrestricted free agent on a five-year, $15 million contract at the conclusion of the 1998 season.
- Her was tied for the most safeties in the NFL (1) in his first season with the Eagles and went on to start in all 27 games during his two seasons with the franchise, leading the Eagles with 7 touchdown catches in 2000 and finishing second in receptions (56) that year.
- Later, he signed with the New England Patriots and won a Super Bowl ring when the team upset the St. Louis Rams to win its first league championship.
- Johnson played his final year in the NFL with the Buffalo Bills and got retirement at the end of the 2002 season.
- After that, he was employed as an assistant athletic director at Heritage High School in Wake Forest, North Carolina where he worked with other retired NFL players like Dewayne Washington (head coach), Willie Parker, and Torry Holt (fellow assistants).
Who is Charles Johnson married to?
Charles Johnson was a married man. He had not shared any information regarding his private relationship and wife as he always maintained a distance in his personal life and media. He remained relatively quiet when it came to sharing his personal life and made it a point to stay out of the public eye. So we can only assume that being a married guy Charles may have had a child and he lived a happy life before his unsudden death. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he was straight.
Charles Johnson’s Cause of Death
Charles Johnson passed away on 17th July 2022, at the age of 50. His death was ruled a suicide after overdosing on drugs, according to a report released in January 2023 by the state medical examiner’s office in North Carolina. Raleigh Police found his body in a hotel on Spring Forest Road last summer. He had been reported missing on 16th July. A medical report concluded he died from toxicity from a mix of prescription drugs and stated that the overdose was not accidental. His suicide shocked many people, especially those close to him who never expected such an outcome from someone so versatile and well-known. The Medical Examiner’s report also said Charles had no active prescriptions but previously had one for hydrocodone, one of the drugs found in his system.
Charles Johnson’s Net Worth
Charles Johnson was superbly ambitious and continued to work even harder to reach his set objectives. He had a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million at the time of his death (2022). His exact amount of salary had not been disclosed yet. He had endorsed several brands in his career. He had the access to all the world’s luxury and comfort. Charles had earned a handsome amount of money from his awesome career as his major source of income was his football career.
How tall is Charles Johnson?
Charles Johnson stood at a tall height of 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) with a balanced body weight of 205 lb (93 kg). He had short black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type was athletic. Johnson kept his body maintained till the end of his life.
Charles Johnson – Bio, Wife, Net Worth, Death, Family, Age, Facts
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks