Byron Jones is a former American footballer who last played for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He wears jersey number 24 in the Miami Dolphins who plays at the position of Cornerback. Byron is in a relationship with Alicia Angelini.
Byron played college football at UConn and was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft. He spent five seasons with the Cowboys, where he once earned a spot in the Pro Bowl’s Second Team All-Pro. He holds the unofficial world record for the standing long jump at 12 feet 3 inches (3.73 meters). A free agent after his fifth season, he signed a five-year, $82 million contract with the Miami Dolphins, making him at the time the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL.
Who are the Parents of Byron Jones?
Byron Jones opened his eyes for the first time on 26th September 1991. He took birth in New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. He holds American nationality while his ethnicity is American-African. The NFL footballer celebrated his 30th birthday on 26th September 2022. His full name goes by Byron Philip Jones which he got from his parents. His mother’s name is Garnette Jones and his father’s name is Donald Jones. He has three brothers: Winston Jones, Aaron Jones, and Nathan Jones. Because of the encouragement from his family, he rose to prominence as a cornerback in football. His siblings are in the U.S. armed forces. His brother Winston is in the marines while Aaron is in the Navy.
Byron attended St. Paul Catholic High School in Bristol, Connecticut. In football, he received Class MM All-State and All-Naugatuck Valley honors as a senior and team captain. He was considered a two-star recruit by Rivals.com. Later, he accepted a scholarship from the University of Connecticut Huskies. He started 2 games at cornerback and six of the final seven games at safety during his redshirt freshman. As a sophomore, he started 12 games at safety, tallying 88 tackles (third on the team), one interception, and 2 passes defensed. He started 7 games at cornerback as a senior, posting 24 tackles, 2 interceptions, and 4 passes defensed. He missed the rest of the season after undergoing surgery for a shoulder injury suffered in a loss against East Carolina University. He ended his college career with 223 total tackles, 8 interceptions, and 2 touchdowns. He was an economics major at his college. He also interned at the White House as a Congresswoman.
Byron Jones’s NFL Career
- Byron was selected in the first round (27th overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys. He was the fourth cornerback selected in 2015. The Dallas Cowboys signed Jones to a four-year, $8.60 million contract that includes $6.93 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $6.51 million on 11th June 2015. Head coach Jason Garrett named Jones the backup cornerback behind Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne.
- Jones made his debut game for the team against the New York Giants and made his first career tackle on Eli Manning during their 27-26 victory. Next, he recorded a season-high seven combined tackles and two pass deflections in the Cowboys’ 27-20 loss at the New York Giants on 25th October 2015.
- He finished his rookie season with 67 combined tackles (47 solo) and nine pass deflections in 16 games and 11 starts.
- On 18th December 18, 2016, he made seven combined tackles, broke up two passes, and recorded his first career interception off a pass by quarterback Jameis Winston in the Cowboys’ 26-20 win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He finished the 2016 season with 88 combined tackles (73 solo), ten pass deflections, and an interception in 16 games and 16 starts.
- On 29th October 2017, he made five combined tackles, broke up a pass, and returned an interception by Kirk Cousins for a 21-yard touchdown in a 33-19 victory at the Washington Redskins. He finished the 2017 season with 82 combined tackles (57 solo), five pass deflections, an interception, and a touchdown in 16 games and 16 starts.
- He announced that he would be switching from free safety back to cornerback in the 2018 offseason. The Cowboys picked up the fifth-year option on Jones’ contract on 22nd April 2018. He was elected to his first career Pro Bowl during the same year.
- Jones signed a five-year, $82 million contract with the Miami Dolphins on 21st March 2020, making him at the time the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. In Week 17 against the Buffalo Bills, he recorded his career-high second interception of the season off a pass thrown by Josh Allen during the 56–26 loss.
- Byron was placed on the reserve/PUP list to start the 2022 season but was ultimately not activated during the season.
Miami Dolphins Cornerback, Byron Jones says he ‘can’t run or jump’ due to injuries
Byron Jones said in a social media post-Saturday he “can’t run or jump” because of injuries he suffered over the course of his career. Byron Jones, who missed all of last season because of surgery on his Achilles tendon, said it was “an honor and privilege to play in the NFL” but that it came at a “regrettable cost.” “Much has changed in 8 years,” Jones wrote on Twitter. “Today I can’t run or jump because of my injuries sustained playing this game. DO NOT take the pills they give you. DO NOT take the injections they give you. If you absolutely must, consult an outside doctor to learn the long-term implications. “It was an honor and privilege to play in the NFL but it came at a regrettable cost I did not foresee. In my opinion, no amount of professional success or financial gain is worth avoidable chronic pain and disabilities. Godspeed to the draft class of 2023.” Jones is not retiring, a source told.
Byron underwent surgery in March to clean up a lingering injury he dealt with during the 2021 season. A source told ESPN at the time that Jones was expected to be ready for training camp in July, but he was never activated off the PUP list.
Byron Jones Awards and Achievements
- Second-team All-Pro (2018)
- Pro Bowl (2018)
Who is Byron Jones’s Girlfriend?
Byron Jones is not married yet but he does have a girlfriend. He is currently in a relationship and is dating Alicia Angelini. Alicia is also an athlete by profession. She is a hockey player who used to play for the UConn Field hockey team. She graduated from UConn in 2013 with Arts and Science degree. The lovebirds are enjoying their dating life happily and there is no sign of separation between them.
Byron Jones is a father to none and he does not have children of his own. He has not thought of having children. Besides his relationship with Alicia, he has no past affairs with any lady.
How much is Byron Jones making annually?
Byron Jones is a former football cornerback who last played for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). Byron Jones has two years left on his five-year, $82 million contract with the Dolphins, which gives him an average annual salary of $16,500,000 and a $10,500,000 signing bonus. His contract made him the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL. He is anticipated to make $13,500,000 in base salary in 2023. On June 11, 2015, the Dallas Cowboys signed Jones to a four-year, $8.60 million contract that includes $6.93 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $6.51 million. The main source of his wealth comes from his NFL career.
Byron Jones has an estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2023. He also endorses the NFL’s My Cause, My Cleats program to support the CJD Foundation from where he is making a cool sum of money. He has been associated with brands such as Bose, Parajumpers, Tide, accessories and apparel brands, Sprayground, and EXOS. He has publicly stated that he doesn’t believe that one needs a $1 million home or a $100k car. He believes in spending wisely. He drives around in his white BMW 530i series, which he bought back in 2016. The car comes at a price of $54,200. He is also involved in private equity fund trading. His venture includes Patricof Co., which is a private equity investment platform specially targeted at athletes. He is the athlete advisor in the firm. The firm’s revenue is stated to be $946,519 yearly. He enjoys the liberty of being an NFL player. He has been seen traveling in Miami Dolphin’s private chartered Boeing 747 Flights.
How tall is Byron Jones?
Byron Jones is a handsome NFL footballer who has an athletic body type. Byron has short hair which is black in color whereas he has a pair of dark brown eyes color. He is a fitness freak. In addition to sprinting and lifting, he also went through a 15-minute positional workout, a drill that was led by Jacksonville Jaguars defensive backs coach DeWayne Walker and Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer.
Byron Jones stands at the height of 6 ft 1 in or 1.85 m or 185 cm. His body weight measures 194 lbs or 88 KG. At present, Byron has a healthy body and an attractive personality.
Byron Jones – Bio, Net Worth, Age, Parents, Salary, Contract, Height
- The View’s Ana Navarro answers claims she’s been using Ozempic to aid in her weight loss journey
- The Malicious Yo-yo
- April Lyda says she loves and supports her daughter
- 10,000+ Fruit Packaging Jobs In Canada, Apply June 2023
- President Joe Biden Takes a Tumble at U.S. Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony, Reportedly Unhurt |