Britney Spears was allegedly slapped by a member of the San Antonio Spurs’ security team Wednesday night in Las Vegas, prompting the “Toxic” singer’s own security to reportedly file a police report.
Police got involved after a security guard with first round NBA draft pick Victor Wembanyama allegedly “backhanded” the pop star when she approached the San Antonio Spurs phenom for a picture.
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department confirmed in a statement to People magazine Thursday that officers responded to an incident regarding a “battery investigation” in the 3700 block of Las Vegas Boulevard at around 11 p.m. local time. Police said no arrests were made.
Related Story: Britney Spears Calls End to 13-Year Conservatorship: ‘Best Day Ever’
TMZ was among the first outlets to report on the incident and said Spears, 41, was at Catch restaurant in the Aria Hotel for dinner with her husband and two friends, when she approached Wembanyama, 19, for a picture.
The outlet published photos from inside the restaurant of Spears and Wembanyama.
“She tapped him on his back, right shoulder,” TMZ reported. The security guard then allegedly “backhanded her, causing her to fall to the ground … knocking her glasses off,” the outlet said.
The security person reportedly went over to Spears’ table later and apologized, but her security team is said to have filed a police report alleging battery.
Britney Spears Incident With NBA Draft Pick’s Security Prompts Police Response
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks