Uproar in the boardroom at Pretty Little Thing following the departure of founder and chief exec Umar Kamani
Pretty Little Thing (PLT) has shaken up its top team following the departure of founder and CEO Umar Kamani.
The Boohoo-owned fast-fashion retailer said Tom Binns had been promoted to chief operating officer and Nicki Capstick had been appointed as chief marketing officer.
The pair will share chief executive responsibilities.
Kamani set up PLT as a market stall in Manchester in 2012, but left in April this year.
At the time, he posted on Instagram that he was “forever grateful” for the “12 amazing years that changed my life.”
Pretty Little Thing said Tom Binns was promoted to chief operating officer and Nicki Capstick was appointed chief marketing officer
Binns joined the company in 2017 as head of financial reporting and audit. In April of this year, he was promoted to commercial director.
Prior to joining PLT in 2015 as Marketing Manager, Capstick was the Senior Marketing Manager at fashion brand Missguided.
She was promoted to head of marketing in 2017 and marketing director in 2020.
The company achieved a turnover of £712 million in the 12 months to February 2022. But profits fell from £98.7 million to £75.1 million over the same period.
Share or comment on this article:
POPULAR MONEY SECTIONS
Boardroom shake-up at fast-fashion retailer Pretty Little Thing
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video