On August 1, 2023, deputies responded to a domestic violence incident on S Fork Road in the Ahtanum. At about 0115 hrs, while assisting the female half at the front of the residence, a 34-year-old male began shooting at the deputies.
One deputy was shot three times.
His partner removed the deputy from the scene and gave initial first aid.
The 51-year-old deputy was transported to Memorial Hospital in Yakima for treatment.
Officers from the Yakima Police Department, Union Gap Police Department, Zillah Police Department, and Washington State Patrol responded to the Sheriff’s Office request for assistance.
The suspect was later arrested without incident and booked into the Yakima County Jail.
No force was used on the suspect.
The deputy was admitted to the Memorial Hospital. His injuries are considered serious, but his condition is stable, and he is expected to recover.
The suspect was the male half in the domestic violence incident.
The Yakima Police Department is investigating the shooting. Further press releases will come from YPD as information is developed.
51-year-old Yakima police deputy shot multiple times after responding to the scene of a domestic violence call
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video