On August 27, 2018, a 32-year-old student at Oxford University married herself on her birthday, setting off an internet fire.
The Ugandan woman Lulu Jemimah surprised her parents by choosing to get married on short notice at the Quepasa Bar in Kampala, the country’s capital.
According to the Daily Mail, Lulu was tired of her parents always bugging her about getting married, even if that was the furthest thing from her mind.
Lulu stated she was only dedicated to her ambition of becoming an academic at the time when she was pursuing a master’s degree in creative writing. Her words are:
“Becoming an academic is something I am passionate about and am dedicated to achieving.”But the only questions my family had for me were the dates of my wedding and the birth of my children, both of which are significant events in my native Uganda.
She said, “When I turned 16, my father composed my wedding speech. My mother prayed for me on my birthday every year, and lately she has prayed specifically for a decent husband.
But I simply didn’t want to contemplate proceeding up the aisle. It’s not what keeps me awake at night.
the pictures underneath
Tap To Join Our WhatsApp Community
32-Year-Old Student Marries Herself To Teach Her Parents A Lesson (PHOTOS)
- Aimee Cho NBC4, Age, Husband, Wiki, Cancer, Wedding, Height
- Chantel Jennings The Athletic, Bio, NYT, Husband, Height, Salary
- Jackie Bensen NBC4, Bio, Age, Husband, Wikipedia and Married
- Ari Wasserman Wife, The Athletic, Bio, Age, Podcast and Fiance
- Future Tiktok Star Cries When Her Manager Impregnates Her And Flees; She Asks For Help In The Video