The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating an apparent double murder-suicide that took place in the Inwood area of Winter Haven on Friday, July 21, 2023.
The suspect, identified as 26-year-old Riley Groover, shot the pregnant female victim multiple times before turning the gun on himself.
The tragic incident occurred shortly after 7:00 p.m. in a neighborhood, with several witnesses present near their residence on Central Avenue West.
As the investigation progresses, it has become evident that this is a domestic-related double murder-suicide. Family members have disclosed that the couple had a history of arguments that occasionally escalated into physical altercations.
However, none of these previous incidents were reported to law enforcement. It has also been revealed that Groover has prior arrests for aggravated assault and domestic violence.
Despite the diligent efforts of first responders at the scene and the medical team at the hospital, regrettably, they were unable to save the unborn baby.
“This was a violent and horrific double murder that ended the lives of an 21-year-old woman who was 8 months pregnant, and her unborn baby.
When the suspect became enraged, family members and neighbors did everything they could to help her get away from him. Please keep this family in your prayers.” – Grady Judd, Sheriff.
26-year-old Riley Groover shot and killed pregnant woman and her unborn baby before fatally shooting himself
- Married At First Sight Australian star Jessika Power signs up for a major British reality show and will come face to face with the love rival who stole her husband
- ‘Real Housewives of Potomac’ Season 8 Trailer Teases Divorce Drama & Tears
- Episode 3062: Who Really Is Governing You
- Episode 3061: House Committee Starts Impeachment Inquiry Into The Bidens
- Lisa Marie Waldron sentenced for killing Jordan Brooks